Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Stockholm in Winter – Back to Gamla Stan, lunch at Österlånggatan 17 and shopping at IKEA


20 January 2017

The weather in Stockholm turned warm on this day. By Stockholm winter’s norm, this meant it was a few degrees above zero. Snow on the sidewalks was mostly melted but there was still some ice on the sides. We made a second visit to Gamla Stan on this “warm” winter’s day.


Street in Gamla Stan.


There were more people on the streets and Gamla Stan was livelier. We browse through a few of the souvenir shops and bought a small tray.

It was also a good day to snap some interesting photos of Gamla Stan.



















A good place to stop for lunch is at Österlånggatan 17. This restaurant is located near the statue of St George and the Dragon.




The restaurant was crowded when we arrived but we were offered seats at the counter. The bread that was served while waiting for the mains to be cooked was super good. If I could just eat the bread as the main course, I would.

Having said that, the mains were excellent too. I ordered the day’s special and it was great!


Grilled fish salad.

Österlånggatan 17Mash potato and bone marrow.


Slow cooked pork.



We got to enjoy this picture while we ate.


After a good meal, we continued northwards, crossed the Stalbron and into the city center.

 

Stalbron leading into the city center.

View from Stadbron.




Our plan for the afternoon was to go to IKEA. The bus stop for the free shuttle bus to IKEA is located at Vasagatan 10 in the city center.


bus to IKEA is located at Vasagatan 10Timetable for the IKEA Bus operating between Vagatan 10 and IKEA Store at Kungens Kurva.


IKEA is a very popular store in Stockholm. There was a long queue formed for the hourly bus to IKEA from Vasatan 10 but we managed to board the bus. We took the 2 PM bus and arrived at IKEA in about 20 minutes.



This IKEA store is huge! Just count the number of floors in this building in the photo above.

This is a good place to shop of household goods. One of my nieces was crazy enough to buy this huge stuffed shark to bring home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.