Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Stockholm in Winter – Trip overview and places visited


My son was successful in his application for International Student Exchange Program with a university in Stockholm. This meant that he would be staying in Stockholm for 6 months from January 2017 to May 2017.  I thought it would be a good opportunity for me and my wife to go with him, partly to help him settle down in the new environment and also partly for us to revisit a city we had lived in for six month, some 30 years ago.

Co-incidentally, my nephew was also successful in his application in the similar program with another university in Stockholm. His parent and sister, knowing that we were planning a trip to Stockholm, also decided to join us. Our travelling group just got bigger and bigger when another niece pleaded with us to let her join.




The students made arrangement for their longer term accommodations separately while the family members, 5 of us in total, managed to book an apartment in the hip Södermalm area through Airbnb. That nicely furnished apartment was our home away from home for the next 10 days.

Since this visit to Stockholm was in January, the coldest time of year in the middle of winter, we did not really plan any fancy excursions. Just a free and easy stay in the city where we would decide the day before, or in the morning, what would be our plan for the day!

There were days where we would just laze around, go for a fika, run some errands to help the boys settled down before their university term starts, or go visit some city sights or museums. These were some of the places visited:

  • Gamla Stan (the Old City)
  • Riddarholmen
  • Skeppsholmen
  • Drottninggatan
  • Östermalm area
  • Vasa Museum
  • ABBA Museum

  • Kungsträdgården
  • IKEA
  • Monteliusvägen

  • Skinnarviksberget
  • Södermalm area

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.