Links to My Vacation Journals and Destinations

Looking for something in this blog?

Gyeongju-Busan-Seoul Day 6 (Part 4) – Yongdusan Park at Night

8 May 2012.

Yongdusan (literally meaning Dragon Head Hill) is located on high ground overlooking the Gwangbok-ro and Nampodong area. It was called Yongdusan, as the mountain peak was shaped similar to a dragon's head (yongdu), protecting the area from foreign invaders coming from the sea.

We accessed Yongdusan Park via the escalator along the Gwangbok-ro Shopping Street, a short distance away from the Nampodong subway station.


Yongdusan Park at NightColourful lanterns, probably to celebrate Buddha’s birthday were seen on the way up via the escalator.


Yongdusan Park at Night

Two prominent attractions at the park were the Bell Pavilion and Busan Tower.  It is also home to a variety of monuments, including Cheokhwabi Monument, Chunghontap Pagoda, 4.19 Revolution Monument, a statue of Admiral Yi Sun-shin.


Yongdusan Park at NightBell Pavilion.


Yongdusan Park at Night

Beautiful Roof form of the Bell Pavilion with the Busan Tower in the background.


Yongdusan Park at Night

Chinese mythological dragon at Yongdusan (Dragon Head Hill).


Busan Tower sticks out prominently at the park. This is a place for romantic couples, especially at night. Like Seoul N Tower, there are locks of love to be found but on a smaller scale compared to the Seoul Tower.


Yongdusan Park at NightLocks of love at foot of Busan Tower.


Yongdusan Park at NightCouples pledging their love through locks chained to the fence. The keys were then thrown away.


Yongdusan Park at Night

Busan Tower... At the top is an observatory.


The foot of the Busan Tower is a nice place for a drink, relaxation and watching the colourful city lights.

Yongdusan Park at NightColourful and changing patterns of the lights of the Gwangbok branch of Lotte Department Store as seen from foot of Busan Tower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to igoiseeishoot!

Thanks for visiting the igoiseeishoot blog. If you are visiting for the first time, you may want to start here.

This blog is where I share the places I have been to (I go), my experiences at these places, people I met, food I tried and things that fascinated me (I see) and memories of my travels and vacations with lots of photos (I shoot).

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts or find something useful in this blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts or feedback by email (igoiseeishoot@gmail.com) or dropping some lines into the comment boxes of the posts.

Stay connected with me on instagram.